FRG insolvency cases dataset
The FRG insolvency cases dataset comprises of data
pertaining to the insolvency resolution petitions disposed
off by all the benches of the National Comany Law Tribunal
(NCLT) and the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal
(NCLAT), under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
(IBC). Researchers at the Finance Research Group have
hand-collected the data from the orders published on the
website of the NCLT and the NCLAT. The dataset captures the
following types of data about each of these cases:
- the debtor;
- the creditor who triggered the case of insolvency;
- the Bench before which the application was
- the amount and kind of debt in default;
- the evidence of debt and default furnished before the
- the date of default, date of receipt of the demand notice,
date of filing of the petition, first date of listing of
the petition and date of disposal;
- the outcome of the application;
- where the petition is dismissed, the reason given for
- where the petition is admitted, the name of the
insolvency resolution professional appointed.
Users of the dataset are requested to note the
- If the NCLT or the NCLAT has not published any order on
its website, it will not feature in the dataset.
- Interim orders are not part of the dataset.
- Since the orders published on the website are not text
searchable or machine readable, the researchers have
perused the entire order to parse the requisite data.
- The dataset must be cited as "Finance Research Group,
FRG Insolvency Cases dataset (2017-18)".
This dataset is dynamic and we will endeavour to update it
on a quarterly basis. The last date for updation is reflected in
the dataset itself.