Call for Papers: IGIDR Workshop on Firm Finance Research, 24 June 2017
The Finance Research Group at the Indira Gandhi Institute of
Development Research (IGIDR) is inviting papers to be submitted for
the workshop on Firm Finance Research. In past workshops, the
audience for these events has comprised of academics, participants
from the legal and financial industry, as well as policy makers from
government and regulators. The workshop aims to cover presentations
and discussions across the following set of research topics:
- What are the financing constraints for emerging market firms?
What are the bottlenecks for different projects to access finance?
How does the cost of capital vary with the nature of the project,
and with the issuer?
- What shapes the emergence of high productivity firms?
- What is the role of family vs. dispersed shareholding in
influencing the productivity and governance of firms?
- What does competition do to firm productivity? What parts of
the economy are competitive and what parts of the economy are
relatively closed to competition? Do competitive pressures force
low productivity firms out or do low productivity firms learn
- What happens to competition when some firms break laws?
- What does internationalisation do to the financing structure of
firms? What is the co-evolution of firm productivity and firm
- What is the co-evolution of firm productivity with
sophistication in firm financing? What is the role of engagement
by firms with financial markets and institutional investors?
- What is the role of financial intermediaries in overcoming
- The role and importance of law, regulations and enforcement
mechanisms to ensure access to finance for firms.
- What are the useful interventions through which the State can
address the market failure of market power?
- Paper submission deadline: 20th May 2017.
- Expected date for notification of
acceptance: 27th May 2017.
- Date of the workshop: 24th June 2017.
Accommodation at the conference venue for 2 nights (23rd
and 24th June, 2017) will be provided for speakers at the
Submissions of the papers must be sent as PDF files, to Jyoti Manke
clarifications, please contact Jyoti at +91-22-28416592 (office) or