Call for Papers: IGIDR financial markets research workshop, August 2017
The Finance Research Group at the Indira Gandhi Institute of
Development Research (IGIDR) is inviting papers to be submitted for
the workshop on Financial Markets Research. In past workshops, the
audience for these events has comprised of academics, participants
from the legal and financial industry, as well as policy makers from
government and regulators. The workshop aims to cover presentations
and discussions across the following set of research topics:
- Market design choices and their impact of liquidity; the impact
of liquidity upon efficiency, stability and ultimately the financing
of firms and governments.
- The regulatory and supervisory functions of financial markets
- New technology for trading.
- The role of OTC trading; the continuum from OTC to exchange
- New thinking on risk management at clearinghouses. The class of
problems where clearing is a useful solution.
- Differentiated market and regulatory structures between various
kinds of issuers -- governments, large corporations, small
- The policy problems of law, regulations and their
- Defining and measuring market integrity. Drafting law and
enforcing it on the problems of market integrity and market
- The political economy of financial markets regulation in the
- Paper submission deadline: 14th July 2017.
- Expected date for notification of acceptance: 3rd
Accommodation at the conference venue for 2 nights will be provided for speakers at the
Submissions of the papers must be sent as PDF files, to Jyoti Manke
clarifications, please contact Jyoti at +91-22-28416592 (office) or